Monday, August 11, 2008
Home Sweet Hawaiian Home
Welcome to our home! It's not quite "done", but the boxes are finally gone and we are beginning to settle in. Now, it has never taken this long to unpack our boxes, but the weather is beautiful and it is almost impossible to stay indoors-----even to unpack. So......a little about the home. We live on Schofield Barracks in a neighborhood referred to as the "Woodies". Originally, we were not going to live on post, but once we saw these homes vs. the homes off post----no question! The living space is actually much larger than it appears and the size of the yard is much, much, much bigger than you find off post. It's really a blessing that we are here. Anyway, the homes were built around 1910 and have tons of character. Yes, they are old and do not have air conditioners (that's right, you have to buy the awful looking window box acs or go without), the rooms are a bit quirky (we have maids quarters in the back---2 small rooms with a shower in between and a sink in one of the rooms. I actually think they are cool), and the flooring is bizarre (we have a sampling of original wood flooring, red painted wood flooring, tile, and laminate----all of this in one home!), but we love it. The trees are HUGE and provide the nicest shade during the afternoon, we have avocado, papaya, and citrus trees everywhere, kids galore, and incredible neighbors. Needless to say, we would love for you to come see for yourselves-----our door is always open!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! It is beautiful. I am so glad that you found something so quickly. I don't think I would ever get everything unpacked if that meant being inside. The kids talk about you often. I would love to come see you guys. Take care of yourselves. miss you, Angie
Post a Comment